The golden question of travel. "How do I get the best price on my airfare?"
Many websites will send out airfare alerts however most of those are 24 to 48 hours old and by the time you see your email the sale is probably gone. The best airfare sales only last 24 to 48 hours at most and some as little as just a few hours. So how do you take advantage of these deals? Here is how we can help:
- HOT TRIP WATCH LIST – Have a trip you are planning? We can add you to our database with your preferred destinations and travel preferences. As soon as any travel deals are spotted by our agents we will send you an email. In addition if you have a specific trip you are planning then we can add it to our watch list. As soon as we see a great deal we put it on hold for you and Freeze the fare.
- FROZEN AIRFARES – We can hold the airfare and freeze the rate on most airlines for 24 to 72 hours. So even if the sale ends you still have the fare frozen(snowflakes and ice castles are not included). This isn't fool proof but its much better than hoping it is still there when you come back to purchase it. A big misnomer with online airfare is if you have it open on your screen then you have it on hold. The truth is online booking engines do not pull the actual seats from inventory until you click the purchase button. The system then processes in the background your booking. If seating was limited on the fare you were booking you will get the infamous message stating "SORRY availability has changed. Your fare is now $$$" Now who hasn't seen that before!
- I LOVE TO DO MY OWN RESEARCH ONLINE – No problem. Find the fare and option you like and then email or call us with the details along with the travelers names. We can then proceed to hold this option for you and give you at least until the end of the same day and as much as 72 hours with the fare frozen and no worries of it changing.
- BULK & WHOLESALE AIRFARE – Velocity Tours & Travel is a wholesaler for airfare. What does this mean? This means we have discount fares that are not available online that are less expensive than what the online sites offer.
- TOUR FARES – We have Tour Fares. What is Tour Fare? A Tour Fare or Tour Operator Fare is highly discounted fare that can be sold to someone that is going to a specific destination as a tourist. Many of these fares can be held for up to 4 weeks without payment. This gives a tour operator, group organizer, or individual time to secure the land portion of their vacation or payments from their participants.
- AIR PASSES -We have Air Passes. Traveling internationally to multiple destinations? We have Air Passes that will save you $$$ on your intra country or inter country travels. An Air Pass is a ticket that has a set fare based sometimes on distances traveled or set prices between cities. These are a great way to save!
- MULTIPLE PEOPLE TRAVELING – If you have multiple people you are traveling with we have the ability to put everyone's flights and fare on hold and present you with the option. This then gives everyone 24 to 72 hours(depending on the type of fare) to finalize and make payment. This works great for groups or families traveling from different home cities. Getting online and pulling up the flights and trying to all book at the same time can be disastrous.
On my last trip the guy next to me paid $400 less than I did. I asked him how and he said he booked through Velocity Tours & Travel.